Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Our New Sectional Sofa

new sectional sofa, Ikea Ektorp, Nordvalla dark grey

We bought a new sectional sofa!  As a family of 5 with a small living room, we have always had a problem with seating, particularly when we have guests.  I had been saying forever that we really needed to get a sectional because it made more sense in our space.

new sectional sofa, Ikea Ektorp, Nordvalla dark grey

I wanted to get something that would be sturdy enough to last, but because we still have small children I didn't want to spend a fortune on high-end furniture..

I took to the blog world and the resounding recommendation for affordable, sturdy sectional sofas was Ikea's Ektorp.  It's marketed as a "4 seat corner" but you can honestly seat six people comfortably (and several more, if needed).  The best thing about this sofa is the fact that the whole thing is slip-covered, so I can literally wash my entire couch.  With 5 of us around, there's bound to be accidents - and now I don't have to worry about them at all.

new sectional sofa, Ikea Ektorp, Nordvalla dark grey

new sectional sofa, Ikea Ektorp, Nordvalla dark grey

new sectional sofa, Ikea Ektorp, Nordvalla dark grey

Despite being able to wash everything, I went against the many, many recommendations and did not pick white.  I chose the Nordvalla Dark Gray, but I will tell you that it is nothing at all like the picture on the Ikea website.  The fabric is very similar to denim and looks much more blue in person, especially up close.  I like this a lot better, as it is literally the exact same color as the gray in my rug.  Also, the cool thing about a slipcover is that I can pick up a new one at any time and completely transform the whole room.  I may opt for white in the wintertime - it would look amazing against our Christmas decor.  But I'm extremely pleased with what we've got for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon I love this look. Can you tell me where you bought the rug and accent pillows? I just got the Ektorp in the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize this is a very late response, but I can't stop myself because the seen of new sectional sofa which has good style and well design.

    ReplyDelete